Make dua for the President
Please take some time in your masjids to make dua for the President. We recommend the following:
O'Allah, the Lord of the universe. You are our Creator. You are the one we worship.
May You nourish our president with wisdom and courage to do what is right and to refrain from what is harmful.
We pray that You guide our president to adopt policies that save lives instead of taking lives.
Our country is capable of tremendous good and extraordinary harm. We beg Your mercy for our country and the safety of our ummah and our neighbors.
O' God, direct the thoughts of our president toward the good of all. Bless him to see the right path.
O God, please open our hearts toward our neighbors and open the hearts of our neighbors toward us.
Bless him, O' God, to seek a just and lasting peace amongst ourselves and with all nations.
Victory for Obama and you
Congratulations! The party of diversity has defeated the party of bigotry that adopted in its manifesto to limit freedom of religion for Muslims.
Get out and vote!
It's time to go out and vote. Today is the day your vote can make a difference.
If you're unsure of where to vote, visit this page to find your polling place.
After you vote, there's still more you can do.
Contact your friends on Facebook and encourage them to vote.
Make phone calls to anyone in a Swing State, and tell them to vote.
Call your neighbors and ask if they need a ride to vote.
The 10 Most Islamophobic Moments in the 2012 Elections
From Allen West to Michele Bachmann, these are the most hateful examples of bigotry against Muslims this campaign
When we’re all proven wrong and living in a bacon-less hellscape of Shariah law ruled by the iron fist of Mullah Obama, we can’t say we weren’t warned. According to the right-wing fringe, racism is dead — but long live Islamophobia, for there is jihad in every mosque and we must be vigilant.
But Islamophobia — even from elected officials — is still dramatically undercovered by the media. So you might easily have missed some of these 10 most disgraceful examples of bigotry, ignorance and hate — from obscure county parties to the halls of Congress — during an election cycle with plenty to go around:
10. Allen West is Allen West – Florida Rep. Allen West is known for making inflammatory statements about pretty much everyone, but he has particularly targeted Muslims. This cycle alone, he’s commemorated 9/11 by screening an anti-Islamic film, said that Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison “really does represent the antithesis of the principles upon which this country was established,” and another time theorized that “George Bush got snookered into going into some mosque, taking his shoes off, and then saying that Islam was a religion of peace.”
Read more Islamophobic moments here.
Want to break the virtual tie in this presidential election?
Do Four Things Today!
Stand With Me
"This race is neck and neck. What happens in the next three weeks will determine which side wins.
That's in your hands -- I'll be fighting as hard as I can, but I can't do this without you. President Obama after Oct 16 debate.
Here are the Six Reasons to Vote for Democrats
1. Republicans have introduced 73 anti-Islam bills in 31 states and the U.S. Congress in the last two years. So far, six states have passed bills intended to interfere in your religious practice as a Muslim American.
2. Most Islamophobes are Republican: Not only are some of the Republican representatives proudly vocal about their bigoted remarks against Muslims, most of the right-wing bigots who are leading the anti-Muslim campaigns with millions of dollars are Republicans.
3. The New McCarthy Hearings by Peter King: a Republican Congressman for New York, the chair of the House Homeland Security committee started McCarthy-style Congressional hearings on American Muslims.
4. Elected Muslim Representatives: The Democratic Party has the honor of electing the first Muslim to the Congress. Now there are two Muslim Congressmen. Republicans have yet to elect any Muslim Representatives to the Congress.
5. Anti-Immigration laws: In the last two years 164 anti-immigration laws have been passed by states. Most of these laws were presented and voted in by aggressive, right-wing Republicans. Most elected officials who opposed these laws were Democrats.
6. Democratic Party Bylaws Require Diversity: The Democratic Party’s by-laws require party delegation with minority participation, unlike the Republican Party. That is the reason the Democratic Party convention looks more like America: open and inclusive.
For Those Less Fortunate
My name is Laura Poyneer, I am an American Muslim, and I support Barack Obama and the Democratic Party because I believe they will do the most to reduce poverty. Continue reading
Here is Why Irfan Rydhan is Voting For President Obama
Before President Obama took office in 2009, the economy was already losing 800,000 jobs a month. Now we have seen steady job growth for 30 consecutive months. Obama also saved the US Auto Industry, while his Republican opponent Mitt Romney, wanted to let it die. Although this was a very unpopular move to give federal money help the Auto Industry, Obama stuck with it and in turn saved 1 million Auto jobs in the US and all the government loans made to US Auto Companies were paid back ahead of time. Continue Reading...